SCHOLARSHIP SOURCES and TIPS:
1. College Scholarship pages online- Apply for scholarships offered by the colleges you are looking at, including department scholarships within your major.
2. Local Scholarships - There are quite a few. Applications will be available for Seniors in the counseling office in March.
3. REGENTS SCHOLARSHIP - Created by the Utah legislature in 2008 to encourage Utah high school students to prepare for college academically and financially by taking a core course of study in college prep classes during grades 9-12, and saving for college. https://stepuputah.com/program/regents-scholarship/
4. Sterling Scholar Scholarships - Students must apply their Junior year to be one of MIllard High School's Sterling Scholars. If chosen to represent the
school, the student pursues excellence within their area through scholarhsip, leadership, citizenship, service, honors and other accomplishments within
their area. They compete at the state level by presenting an all-encompassign portfolio of their work and participating in an interview process. For more
information, talk to Mrs. Fulmer and/or Mrs. Keel.
5. Scholarship announcements: Great Scholarship opportunites are regularly posted on the Millard High School counseling facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/millardhighschoolcounseling/?ref=settings as well as the counseling bulletin board and morning announcements at school. Pay attention to those!
6. On-line scholarship research sites can connect you with hundreds of scholarship opportunities. Here are a few of the really good ones:
The Penny Hoarder:
Scholarships.com (has a scholarship by deadline date list):
Cappex - Your college decision headquarters:
Going Merry – The Scholarship Matchmakers:
* The school counselor will announce many wonderful scholarships for you to consider. Be proactive in following up on these announcements and in your own research. Keep a scholarship notebook and calendar where you can record the scholarships you are intersted in as well as the requirements and deadlines for each. If assistance is needed, Mrs. Bliss will be happy to help!!
* The StepUp Utah Scholars program is very helpful in gettting you organized and keeping you on track with your college preparations, including scholarship research. Click the link below to sign up to be a StepUp Utah Scholar. If you complete 20 checklist items, have a 3.0 GPA, and fill out the application, you will be awarded a certificate and a very nice medal to be presented to you in an assemly and worn on graduation day.
* Make sure to take the ACT your Junior year and fill out the FAFSA (online Federal finanical aid form) in October of your Senior year, even if you do not think you will recieve aid or plan to use it if you do, to ensure you are eligible for all possible scholarships (such as the Regents listed above).