Published: 21 April 2015 21 April 2015
Hits: 1099 1099
Delta Middle School
Community Council Minutes
November 13, 2013
Members in attendance:
- Community Council formally elected Samantha Jeffery as Chair and Kristen Anderson as Vice-Chair.
- Council reviewed the testing results from spring 2013 End of Level Testing. Council members felt as though the 2 hour Language Arts position has been a valuable way to spend Trust Lands money. Testing continued to improve in the areas of Math and Language Arts, however, it dropped a percentage point in science. It was determined that we still want to continue to fund the Language Arts, and math programs, but we need to help with science.
- The Council suggested that we find out the prices to the following items that they feel is the most critical to our school at this time:
- 2 hour Language Arts position
- Accelerated Reader
- Utah Write/My Access
- IXL Math Program
- Mobile Lab
- Maintenance Stipend
- Testing Coordinator Stipend
- Equipment: desktop computers, projectors, smart board pens etc.
- Ipads for teachers
- Mini-ipads for 5th grade science center 3-5
We will get price quotes on these items for our next meeting
- Next meeting was scheduled for Dec. 4 at 3:00
- Meeting adjourned