Student Conduct . . .
Our motto at DNES is “Be Our Best”
Delta North Elementary Bulldogs Pledge:
I have the Power to:
Make Good Choices – And Be My Best
Delta North Elementary students will show respect and concern for others by following the 7 Habits and:
- Keeping hands, feet, and all objects to oneself.
- Using appropriate language, both verbal and non-verbal.
- Speaking respectfully. Students address staff members by proper names and titles.
- Being attentive in class, listening while others speak, etc.
- Being responsible for own classwork, completing it to the best of their ability and handing it in on time.
- Following directions from staff and other adults.
- Respecting others at all times. No fighting, intimidating or bullying of students will be allowed anywhere associated with the school.
- Following the Safe School Policy which includes no possession of dangerous weapons, fighting/hazing, obscenities, gang activity, theft, vandalism, threats, and substance possession or abuse.
- Adhering to the guidelines of the Millard School District dress code policy.
- Treating school property with respect. Vandalism of any kind will not be tolerated.
When students intentionally violate any of these behaviors, they will meet with the classroom teacher or activity supervisor to develop a plan for improved behavior.
When students repeatedly violate expected behaviors, they must develop an oral or written plan for improved behavior with our School Counselor. A Conference with parents may be scheduled.
Some behaviors will not be tolerated. These behaviors include: possession of dangerous weapons, fighting/hazing, obscenities, gang activity, theft, vandalism, threats, and substance possession or abuse. If students exhibit these behaviors, they will may confined to the Principal’s Office until a conference involving the principal, parents, supervisor, student, etc. can be held. Violation of these behaviors may result in suspension or expulsion from school.
A copy of the District’s Safe School Policy is given to parents at the time of registration.