- Jessica Komarek
- Natalie Ralphs
- Cindy Rhodes
- ShaRee Wade
Meeting called to order at 3:05
1st matter of business to vote for new chair and vice chair. Jessica Komarek nominated for chair by Cynthia Rhodes. Seconded by ShaRee Wade. All in favor Jessica Komarek president – unanimous. Natalie Ralphs nominated as president elect.
Review SAGE test scores.
- FMS is well above state levels in all categories, subjects, grade levels
- Goal to meet / exceed state, district levels – SAGE
- Some individual teachers were able to meet lofty goals of 60% proficient. Others fell just shy of the mark.
- In math, FMS was within 5 of the top. Showing consistent performance at 3rd in growth component among comparable schools.
- In science, 3rd overall, 4th in growth among comparable schools. Consistent last 3 years.
- Data gateway is accessible to public if you would like to get on for yourself and compare how FMS did.
Reviewed current plan
- Chrome lab being utilized
- Supplemental classroom materials – science, art, math
- Story works, IXL, Alex are being used daily.
- Honor society – 1st trip held after quarter 1 printout – above 3.75 allowed to go on enrichment trip.
- 2nd trip held in spring –late Feb. early Mar.
- Purchasing prep for teacher – Spanish
- Anti-Bullying Program / Curriculum began last year.
- 3-hour Art Aide hired. Congratulations Mrs. Lisa DeGraffenried
- Beverly Sorensen Arts Grant - Miss Debbie uses this program – matching grant
- Approximately $52,000 new figures in FMS - funding for the community council to disperse for 2018-2019 school year.
Come up with ideas for next month’s meeting.
- Implement a budget for in-service for teachers (Professional Development.)
Motion to adjourn by ShaRee – seconded by Natalie at 3:45 – None opposed – next meeting Nov. 14th @ 3:00