Meeting called to order at 3:05
1st matter of business to vote for new chair and vice chair. Cynthia Rhodes – president elect last year. All in favor Cynthia Rhodes president – unanimous. ShaRee Wade nominated as president elect.
Review SAGE test scores.
- FMS is at or above state levels in all categories, subjects, grade levels
- FMS has met our proficiency goals
- Goal to meet / exceed state, district levels – SAGE
- A - Grade received by FMS – proficiency as well as growth were computed in.
- Address challenges from different groups based on scores.
Reviewed current plan
- Chrome lab being utilized – brings total labs to 7; 4 being mobile labs
- Supplemental classroom materials – science, art, math
- Story works, IXL, Alex are being used daily.
- Jr. Honor society – 1st trip held after quarter 1 printout – above 3.75 allowed to go on enrichment trip.
- 2nd trip held in spring –late Feb. early Mar.
- Purchasing prep for teacher – Spanish
- Additional funds for more technology, software – including college and career awareness center.
- $32,500 new figures possibly slightly more - in FMS - funding for the community council to disperse for 2017-2018 school year.
Start discussion about new plan
- All parts must be academic in nature
- Focus on low scoring areas
- School improvement plan
- Digital literacy – internet appropriateness required
- In touch with SCDC about program designed to warn kids of Internet safety.
- 5% of funding may be used for positive behavior incentives.
- Implement comprehensive guidance / counseling into plan – needs assessment – build positive relationships.
- College, career readiness –Wed. run F report, make contact with struggling students, discuss credit, GPA, use positive impact center to help bring up grades.
Motion to purchase second step program available online:
- Adolescent development, risk factors, social skills, staying connected, substance abuse, norms, violence, friendships.
- Lessons to be given in Media Center (6th), Health (7th), and P.E. (8th).
- Lessons for 5th grade – social / emotional learning P.E. or Art / Music.
- 1 lesson each week – 15 / 16 lessons in each one
- Cost of $1179.00 for 6th – 8th with additional cost of $419.00 for 5th grade.
All in favor – none opposed – purchase approved.
Positive Impact Center
- Leaders In Action – Mr. Stephenson comes in every other day – meets with a different at-risk group. Teaches 7 habits to at-risk students.
- Students will alternate every quarter giving 50-60% of student’s opportunity to participate.
- Last year data project – number of at-risk students reduce the number of F’s to meet middle school requirements. Cut number of kids starting High school in Crossroads – ended up with no F’s.
Suggestions for funding for next year
- Improving attendance, College and Career readiness.
- Disciplinary referrals.
Motion to adjourn at 4:00 – None opposed – next meeting Nov. 1st.